Updated: Mar 24
🚀🚀🚀 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦, 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 2023?
🛠🛠🛠 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬, 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤?
"𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩" is a critical skill required to thrive in today's climate of change, challenges and uncertainty. One certainty is that 𝒘𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒑𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆.
🎯🎯🎯 Whilst some leaders might use their intuition there are some simple '𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 & 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝' 𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐬 out there that can support leaders manage change more successfully. 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐊𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 is a good one I've found resonates with the Leaders I've worked with.
🌎 🌍 🌏 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞
1. 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐔𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲: building 'pain' & 'gain' is always a fundamental for getting buy-in to (selling) an idea.
2. 𝐏𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦: creating a powerful core group with a shared sense of urgency and belief is critical to move forward.
3. 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐲: creating a new future with a path to achieving it will inspire your teams.
🌈🌈🌈 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞 & 𝐄𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞
4. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐲-𝐈𝐧: creating more and more people who want to support the change helps overcome resistance and create momentum.
5. 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐜𝐭: Encouraging ideas and giving exploration roles to team members creates innovation and helps remove barriers to progress.
6. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭-𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐦 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐬: Celebrating the short term successes of the team, no matter how small, creates the energy and motivation to keep going.
💯💯💯 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 & 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧
7. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐔𝐩: Continuing to drive change after each success by raising the bar and adapting will keep you moving towards your vision. This includes removing activities no longer required - to help sustain energy levels.
8. 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞: Once you've got there, you've got to make it stick. Holding onto new behaviours and making them strong enough to become new habits will create a new culture.
This process resonates with me having led many commercial transformation programmes.
𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏'𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 2023 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉.
🌞 🌞🌞 Wishing you all a happy, healthy and successful 2023