Updated: Jun 23
I am thrilled to introduce the inaugural edition of "Breakthrough Leadership," a bi-weekly LinkedIn newsletter aimed at exploring breakthrough leadership concepts to improve performance and well-being for you and your teams.
Subscribe here on LinkedIn
Each edition will provide valuable insights, tools, and techniques that can be applied in various leadership domains, be it business, sports, or education.
As leaders, we all have the power to make a significant impact on the people we interact with every day. The question is, do we consciously choose how we show up and influence others, or do we remain unaware of our potential?
Through this newsletter, my goal is to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
In this first edition, I wanted to share stories and wisdom from exceptional leaders I've had the privilege to engage with on my podcast, 'Breakthrough Moments.' We will delve into conversations that have shaped and transformed these leaders enabling them to overcome challenges, step out of their comfort zones, and achieve pivotal breakthrough moments. By embracing their experiences, we can gain valuable insights that will empower us to reach new heights in our own leadership journey.
Here are some highlights from the conversations:
1. "You Can Do It": Discover how Neil Hunter, an Explorer Extraordinaire, overcame seemingly insurmountable obstacles to row across the Atlantic and trek solo to the South Pole.
Neil at the South Pole.
2. "Being comfortable with uncertainty": Learn from Darrel Sheinman FRGS, an Entrepreneur, about the power of taking small steps outside your comfort zone to create breakthrough moments.
Darrel in his studio
3. "Why not You?": Explore Mark Mortimer's journey from Sandhurst Royal Military Academy to rowing the Atlantic, and understand why he challenges his pupils to ask, "Why not you?"
Mark rowing across the Atlantic
4. "Do something you enjoy for your own well-being and happiness": Mark Pittaccio, a Behavioural Economist, shares his perspective on finding breakthrough moments in unexpected circumstances.
Mark with his cycling jersey collection
5. "Don't be the Stig": Discover the significance of authentic leadership through the experiences of Ash Farrington, a former police officer recognized for his compassionate style of leadership.
Ash serving in the Police Force
6. "The Art of Refracting": Dive into the concept of purposeful change and slowing down with Samreen McGregor, a Leadership Advisor and bestselling author.
Samreen with her bestselling book
7. "Find time to go inwards to gain clarity and perspective": Explore Kelly Daubach, ACC, RD's journey from chasing external dreams to finding fulfilment within herself as a business coach.
8. "Listen to yourself, Trust yourself & Find your own path": Gain insights into Florina M. Nistor's experience of burnout and rediscovering happiness through personal growth.
Florina in the mountains
9. "You can make the change you want to see": Learn how Saadia Abubaker, a Youth Leader and speaker, is positively impacting her community by empowering younger individuals.
Saadia having a positive impact
10. "Psychological Fitness is important": Roger Cruickshank DFC CFS RAF OLY, a former Typhoon Fighter Pilot and advocate for mental health awareness, discusses the importance of mental well-being for leaders.
Roger ready to fly
11. "Never stop fighting": Discover Darren Buttrick's inspiring story of resilience and determination as he battled COVID-19 and became a beacon of hope for others.
Darren's book "Fifteen minutes and counting - Never stop fighting"
12. "Enjoy the small things in life": Matt Sturgess, Chief Mind Locksmith, shares insights on finding joy in the present moment and embracing the journey.
Chief Mind Locksmith
13. "Create a strong support network": Roland Seddon, a leader in recruitment, emphasizes the significance of building a supportive ecosystem for personal and professional growth.
Roland building networks
14. "Take risks, embrace the unknown and be adventurous": Neil Denning, a business owner and adventurer, encourages us to cultivate a growth mindset by stepping out of our comfort zones.
Another of Neil's adventures
I hope these stories and insights will inspire you to embrace breakthrough leadership in your own life and inspire your teams to reach new heights.
If you have an appetite to learn more please:
listen to the full conversations I have with these leaders on Apple Podcasts here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/breakthrough-moments-with-heads-up-freer/id1651197538
book an exploration call with me here to discuss leadership development, coaching or being a potential guest on my Podcast: https://calendly.com/headsupandfreer
go to my website to see further insights on leadership and how you show up. https://www.headsupandfreer.com/